Road to Wimbledon International – Regional qualification
HSBC Road to Wimbledon International is the regional event for players rated 6.2 and higher (at the entry deadline). Seven venues will host regional qualifying events across England and Scotland. India, China and Hong Kong will also be hosting overseas qualification events with players invited to the Road to Wimbledon International finals.
A player can only enter one regional qualification event in GB which must be the one taking place in their specified play region/county. The regions are shown in the table below.
Players must enter and pay via the LTA ‘Find a Competition’ system. The tournament codes and venues for 2017 will be added prior to the entry period open date.
Those accepted will compete in draw sizes of 16 girls/32 boys. Draw sizes are subject to change based on entry numbers.
Events & eligibility
• There are separate events for girls and boys. Players must be 14 & under (born 1 Sept 2002 – 31 Aug 2006) and rated 6.2 or higher as of the relevant closing deadline. Players may only enter one competition pathway (e.g. the venue stage pathway or international pathway) and have played at National/International Finals no more than twice.
• If a regional qualification event is oversubscribed acceptances for that event will be based on a player’s 14U combined ranking as of the event closing deadline (only players rated 6.2 or higher at the closing deadline will be considered for acceptance).
• The regional event will assign players 14U grade 2 qualifying draw points.
• Scoring format to be 2 sets + Match Tiebreak (in place of 3rd set)
• Entry fee is £15
• No wild cards are available.
• Regional Qualification Scotland: 3-4 June 2017 (Entry period 17 April to 2pm on 9 May; withdrawal deadline 10am on 19 May)
• Regional Qualification England: 24-25 June 2017 (Entry period 8 May to 2pm on 30 May; withdrawal deadline 10am on 9 June)
• Regional Qualification India/China/Hong Kong: January – May 2017
GB regions & venues
|Play Region||For players in play counties||Venue / court surface|
|East||Essex, Herts, Bucks, Berkshire, Oxford, Norfolk, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Northants or Cambridgeshire||Venue & Surface TBC|
|Midlands||Warwickshire, Hereford & Worcester, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire or Staffordshire||Venue & Surface TBC|
(Includes Scotland Girls)
|Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham & Cleveland, Northumberland, Cumbria, North Wales, Isle of Man||Venue & Surface TBC|
|Scotland North, South, East & West||Venue & Surface TBC|
|South East||Middlesex, Surrey, Kent or Sussex
|2 Venues & Surface TBC|
|South West||Hampshire & IOW, Avon, Wiltshire, Devon, Cornwall, South Wales, Channel Isles, Somerset, Dorset or Gloucestershire||Venue & Surface TBC|
Two girls and four boys at the GB Regional events will qualify for the grade 2 Finals taking place 14-19 August at Wimbledon (fewer players will qualify if draw sizes are smaller). They will be joined at the International Finals by qualifying players from India, China and Hong Kong events.